Job Opportunity: Sales Specialist, Laboratory Products Germany, Austria & Switzerland
Reporting ultimately to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will become part of a growing team to provide sales and support of the Laboratory Product Business Unit in Germany, Austria and German speaking part of Switzerland.
As Sales Specialist you will help us introduce new products and grow our market share. You will also help us to establish new group sales and service facilities in the Frankfurt region to support our growth and be a key member of our sales management team.
Main duties will include:
- Identifying and developing the business with customers through direct prospecting and follow up with all enquiries
- Provide technical support for a wide range of Lab Products including Precision balances, oven, incubators, deep freezers and more
- Taking over the management of existing Precisa and Froilabo distribution partners
- Facilitating product sales through direct and channel partners in the territory as part of a product portfolio management and strategy – notably for some key niche products
- Recruitment of new distribution partners
- Assistance and co-ordination of activities and information with Scotland based marketing and product management team to share ideas and market intelligence.
- Supporting and communicating regularly with peers in the manufacturing operations in Switzerland, France, Romania and China.
- Providing support for tenders and opportunities with dealers in the region
- A native German speaker
- Fluent English speaking (French would also be an advantage)
- Highly driven individual with a track record of over-achieving targets
- High degree of motivation and energy to generate new sales from initial opportunities
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Good technical knowledge and a level of understanding of analytical and life science environments and equipment required. With product training, capable of performing demonstrations and practical support to dealers and end-users.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Self-disciplined and able to self-manage day to day activities
- Willingness to travel regularly in the region, preferably residing near Frankfurt. The expectation is that 70% of your time will be spent outside of the office visiting customers and distributors.
Desired Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Scientific degree (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science or similar). Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but have demonstrable experience in the industry and have a good understanding of laboratory environments and their applications will also be considered
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Experience in the balance market would be highly advantageous
- The Company can only process applications from candidates who possess a valid German work permit and/or EU residency qualification
Our ideal candidate will have some previous experience gained from an SME environment, and ideally exposure to a global business would be beneficial. Service and results driven; you will be an excellent communicator with a passion for continuous improvement.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to Allan.Mackenize@edinst.com.