Our innovative fully automated and autoclavable laboratory bioreactor is designed for R&D and process development. It has a robust design, yet it is compact and ergonomic. The vessel is mounted between a jacketed base and a non-welded lid.
The uniform lid features all the necessary ports and sensors that might be required for cell cultivation processes.
There is a sterilisable sampling port conveniently located in the base of the vessel to facilitate operational activities during a process.
The magnetically coupled drive which can reach up to 1500 rpm ensures excellent sterility within the vessel.
The bioprocess controller ensures:
1) Temperature regulation by supplying a control signal either to the heating element or the electro-magnetic cooling water valve of the thermostat. Thermoregulation is carried out by circulation of thermostated water through the bioreactor’s jacket, which is located in the bottom lid of the vessel;
2) pH control by supplying base or acid solutions to the bioreactor medium using the bioprocess controller’s peristaltic pumps;
3) pO2 control by automatic adjustments of the stirrer’s rotational speed. The actual pO2 value is monitored using a pO2 electrode;
4) Foam control by supplying an antifoam agent to the bioreactor’s medium using the bioprocess controller’s peristaltic pumps. The foam level is monitored using a conductivity sensor;
5) Feeding of a substrate by using the bioprocess controller’s peristaltic pump and the respective feeding rate/volume is controlled by the feeding profile, which is set in the bioprocess controller;
6) Level control by using the bioprocess controller’s peristaltic pump. The medium level is monitored using a conductivity sensor;
7) Mixing by using a magnetic drive, the agitator is driven by a motor which is mounted on the top lid of the bioreactor.
Optional SCADA software is available to control fermentation processes and store the process data. Additional sensors, balances and devices can be integrated in SCADA. The software can operate on a single PC, network or remotely via Internet and can control one or several bioreactors.
Our SCADA enables the possibility to communicate with MATLAB based program via OPC server. The MATLAB program ensures fed-batch automatic control by on-line comparison of mathematical model with process off-line data.
The SCADA software is developed according to the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11. The implication is that the process can be evaluated, reviewed, approved and archived without a single sheet of paper and without the possibility to falsify process data and signatures. Our SCADA software may be adapted to the special requirements of our customers upon request.
|5 L Bioreactor for Cell Cultivation||Optical density sensor with ARC view 265 transmitter and accessories (Hamilton)|
|Viable cell density sensor with ARC view 265 transmitter and accessories (Hamilton)|
|Methanol/ethanol gas sensor (BlueSens)|
|Methanol/ethanol immersed sensor (Raven Biotech)|
|Overpressure sensor , autoclavable, 0-1 bar, measuring accuracy +/- 0.02 bar|
|Overpressure control, 0-1 bar, control accuracy +/- 0.0 bar.|
|O₂/CO₂ analyzer BlueInOne Cell (BlueSens), including flow adapter|
|Mass flow controller for air|
|Mass flow controller for O₂|
|Volumetric oxygen mass transfer coefficient kLa, Oxygen uptake rate OUR, CO₂ exchange rate CER (includes overpressure sensor and O₂/CO₂ analyzer)|
|Pitched blade impeller set with bushings|
|Rushton turbine set with bushings|
|Factory accepted test FAT|
|SCADA for monitoring, control and reporting according the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11|
|Bioreactor 5.2 (cell cultures)|
|Total Volume (L)||6.2|
|Working Volume (L)||2 – 4.5|
|Inside Diameter/Inside Height (mm)||150 / 350|
|Ports||Mixer drive; pH, DO, T, foam, liquid level sensors; tree needle port for acid base and anti-foam agent addition; chemo-stat tubes for level control and addition of bioreactor feed solutions; aseptic pierce-able membrane port; in-let gas
port (0.2 μm filter added); exhaust gas port (0.2 μm filter added); 2 spare ports/ The ports are 4×10 mm, 4 x 7.5 mm – 7×12 mm (PG 13.5 mm)
|Sampling||Double walled base ensuring bioreactor thermostating. Autoclavable aseptic sampler|
|Control||Rotameters (2), TMFC (option)|
|Gas Supply||Air/Carbon dioxide + Oxygen, N₂ (option) Air/Carbon dioxide in headspace|
|Flow Range, L/min||0.1 – 2|
|Filters||D50 mm 0.2 µm PTFE|
|Exhaust gas condenser||Cooling from water – line or chiller|
|Drive||Top magnetic coupling|
|Rotation Speed Range (rpm)||40 – 500|
|Mixer (Impellers)||2 pitched blade impellers|
|Controller||Siemens Simatic S7 – 1500|
|Operator panel||Touch screen Beetronics, 15TS7, 15’’|
|Temperature||Built-in thermostat. Control range: from 5°С via coolant to 60°С. Accuracy:(measurement) +/- 0.1°C, (control) +/- 0.2°C|
|pH||Hamilton sensors (different options, including ARC). Acid/ Base Base/СО2 2 – 12 +/- 0,01pH units|
|pO₂||Hamilton sensors (different options, including Arc).|
|Overpressure (option)||The control range 0-1 bar, measuring accuracy +/- 0.02 bar, control accuracy +/- 0.04 bar|
|Feeding||0.02 – 40 ml/min according to adjusted profile|
|Peristaltic Pumps||4 built-in peristaltic pumps. External pump (option)|
|Communication and data exchange||Ethernet connection to LAN or WAN for remote maintenance or OPC; WiFi connection (VNC server) for smart phones and tablets|
|Dimensions (mm)||930 (W) х 800(H) х 600(D)|
|Autoclaving space required (mm)||590 (H) x 270 (D)|
|Optional sensors||Culture turbidity (optical density), culture permittivity (viable cell density), conductivity, methanol/ethanol, off-gas analysis (Oxygen, Carbon dioxide, CH₄), etc.|
|Fed-batch control (option)||Model based fed-batch control, using supplement PC program (based on Matlab or Python), and connected with SCADA trough OPC server.|