Job Opportunity: UK Sales Engineer - Lab Products
Location: Livingston, UK
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is an international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe.
We are immensely proud of our heritage; for 50 years we have been supplying customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities around the world. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness, and high performance, and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
Edinburgh Instruments are looking to recruit a UK Sales Engineer to join our Livingston Headquarters.
What You’ll Be Doing?
Reporting into the Country Sales Manager – Lab Products, the Sales Engineer will lead and manage all sales activities within Southern England & Wales for the Techcomp Group Lab Product portfolio. Ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues within the defined regions through proactive outbound prospecting and effective management of the existing customer base.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Precisa – management of UK direct & dealer sales of Precisa weighing equipment and service contracts.
- Froilabo – direct and distribution sales into the UK market.
- Identification and recruitment of distribution partners in your region for our Group products
- Supporting local Sales and Service operatives to maximise opportunities for Techcomp Group Products into the UK Market.
- Assist and help co-ordinate activities and information with UK peers across industry sectors and key customers and share ideas and market intelligence.
- Form part of an informal UK Techcomp sales team and assist in establishing regular meetings, communications and working practices to support one another.
- Support and meet customers end-users and distributors in the UK and occasionally EMEA
- Perform field demonstrations and presentations of equipment and discuss technical details with prospective customers.
- Qualify leads and follow them through to closure
- Support dealers and internal customers on tender submissions and technical specification requirements
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions, conferences to promote Techcomp Group products
- Exchange information with co-workers on UK market, competitor activities and collaborate on cross-selling opportunities.
- Ability to generate new leads through networking and prospecting activities
- Prepare quotations using CRM and quotation software
- Forecast sales on a monthly basis, meet agreed targets and professionally manage your pipeline.
- Additional ad hoc duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- Scientific degree (Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics or similar) or alternatively, relevant experience in the industry and a good understanding of General Laboratory environments and their applications.
- Proven sales experience, understanding the academic sales process, distributor management and support and end-user sales in a B2B environment.
- Highly driven individual with a track record of over-achieving quotas.
- A good technical knowledge and level of understanding of analytical and life science environments and equipment.
- Product training, capable of performing demonstrations and practical support to dealers and end-users.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management.
- Full, clean driving license to facilitate independent and flexible travel through the UK for sales visits, demonstrations, and support activities.
This a great opportunity to join an established and growing global business. In return we offer excellent financial rewards and career development prospects. You will work 37.5 flexible working pattern, that allows an early finish on a Friday. After an initial qualifying period and subject to the Company’s terms and conditions of employment, Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance-related bonus scheme, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays and subsidised gym membership.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.